our own magical world, but not disney


Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Ok, treadmills really need to tone down their beeping of buttons. You know, when you push incline, speed, weight, WHATEVER, it dings. This causes a lot of anxiety when you are confident doing your thing at your own speed, but then someone comes on the machine next to you and holy cow, starts pushing the crap out of the buttons and all you hear is  beep beepbeep beepada beep beep beep beep beep beep, and then you're totally intimidated thinking what type of superstar am I now competing with right next to me?! What's their incline, what level did they choose, am I running faster than them? I hope they look over and see that I've been on here for 20 minutes already, so I totally already did my sprinting at super speed thing, which is why I'm not going turbo right now... and also - i'm pregnant, so, ya know, I can't run that long before my bladder wants to explode. But wait, do I look pregnant or just fat right now? Ahhh, then they start pushing more buttons - what does it all mean!? So then I push buttons and we're all just trying to out ding the other one with our beeping until finally I get off the treadmill and head over to the weights so they can think "wow, she lifts weights, too" :)

Annnnyyywayyy.... We are really enjoying our new city. Sacramento is super family friendly with the most amazing parks! We bought a year pass to Fairytale Town because it is the most charming play place. Having been built in the 1950's, Fairytale Town has this antique-y feel to it, but it has been so well-maintained that it's not run down and creepy but rather magical. It is a gem of a place!
Being the family photographer is a tough position. Looking back at these photos I'm disappointed that these are the only ones I took. They totally don't do the park justice. They have live animals for Little Bo Peep, Three Billy Goats Gruff, Peter Rabbit, and the Three Little Pigs. They have a playground in "Sherwood Forest," a slide and well on "Jack and Jill's Hill," Cinderella's Coach, Jack and the Beanstalk Slide, and Evelyn's favorite - the Crooked Mile, and so much more. But while taking photos, I was also taking video, and trying to be a partaker of the moment and not the mom behind the lens. But here is Fairytale Town documented on the blog to look back on years from now when we reminisce about our time spent there. 

uh, what a dull ending. my blogging skills are really rusty...

5 comments:

  1. So cute. Your baby man is getting so bug. I love how you dress him. So cute!! I love your profile picture Kendra. For some reason your face reminds me of my own. Maybe it's the dark hair? I'm complimenting myself, because you are a doll. I hope you're feeling okay. Take care,

    Shauna xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just moved from Sacramento last year! Loved Fairytale Town - definitely one of the highlights of our time there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Crooked Mile was always my favorite, too! I LOVED running as fast as I could along it. We went again when we were much older, and it didn't seem as big--I would love to take Henry there some day! Perhaps when we visit my Grandpa we could meet up there? I'd love to see you and meet your two cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish there were more places like that in CA but down south.

    ReplyDelete