a haiku for my legs


Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Jared and I were talking about haikus the other day, and how we like their simplicity for telling a story. So here I present to you my beautiful prose about the evolution of my thighs.

Skin used to be tight
But now it has turned squishy.
I do not like that.

I can't believe my body is showing signs of aging. I for sure have noticed my metabolism slowing down. My calories are starting to catch up to me, especially now that Warner is weaned. Like, seriously, the texture of my skin has changed from silky seal to.. I don't know, frumpy??  Boy, this sucks...

4 comments:

  1. Haha! Same problem on the other side of the sea! Always looking for the best crème pour le visage :) If you have a favorite brand, please share! I like Laroche Posay.

    Bonne journée!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaaha! Love this. I was just noting my crashing metabolism to my husband the other day. Back in the good ol' days when I could eat pizza for dinner followed by ice cream for dessert and it wouldn't even matter. Not anymore. At least I used to have the excuse "I'm nursing!" to fall back on but even that is no longer. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't even tell you how much I can relate. It almost feels like my skin and metabolism have steadily declined since having my babies and gotten closer to 30. Still trying to find that. Secret weapon to help with all that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't even tell you how much I can relate. It almost feels like my skin and metabolism have steadily declined since having my babies and gotten closer to 30. Still trying to find that. Secret weapon to help with all that.

    ReplyDelete