Happy Birthday, Evelyn Rae!


Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Dear Evelyn,

Two years ago at this very moment I had been in labor with you for 14 hours, still with 3 hours left to go until I met your beautiful face for the first time. Although I had felt of your presence for sometime before your teeny life was placed in my arms, there was an instant zing, a jolt, that surged through me when you made your arrival at 1:47 pm on January 27, 2011. Like I had been waiting for this extra power force to be with me my whole life and now that you were here I felt unsinkable. Like everything was complete. Like I was superhuman for having grown you inside the womb and now given you life. Like God knew you were meant for me and your Dad and we were meant for you.

You have been my sidekick the past two years. You have refined me {and your father} in so many ways. You are such a strong yet delicate little gal. You are already forming in to such a lovely young lady. I am so proud of everything you are and all that you are becoming. It has been such a hoot to see you come into your own. I love all of your evelyn-isms. Happy birthday, Evelyn Rae! Let's not make the terrible two's so terrible. Deal? ;)

** photo by Gwen Hawkins Photography

13 comments:

  1. Happy 2nd Birthday sweet girl!!!!! I absolutely LOVE the picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! What a fantastic photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday sweet girl!!! So sorry we missed last night but lets meet up this week if we can :-) I have a present for miss Evelyn Rae
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday little girl! So glad we could help you celebrate last night. Your Mommy's homemade frosting is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh happy birthday sweet girl! She seriously is adorable and this photo is fabulous!! She is only a month older than my boy... nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday kiddo! Love that little bench too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your side kick sure is a beautiful one :-) Love this sweet picture of her.

    Happy Birthday to Evelyn!

    PS. I'm pretty sure I've commented on this post about 40 times...I keep thinking it doesn't go through (don't mind all those emails from me) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy 2nd birthday Evelyn! what a sweet photo!
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this photo when you posted it on Instagram! What a cutie. Hope you had a good birthday party with her the other day!

    Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete