how you like dem apples?


Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I love to bake. However, the problem with me and baking's relationship is that a) I have to do everything JUST right; leave one thing out and I can kiss my should-be-yummy dessert good bye. and b) I have to be patient, which, let's just be honest, I am a very get-that-in-my-mouth-ASAP kinda woman so... yeah, patience not my thing. So when I saw this pin for an apple tart that requires no effort at all yet pops out looking divine, I knew immediately that this would be the fate of our hand-picked apples from Saturday. And what a good fate it was :)

Quick and Easy Apple Tart
Originally from Pioneer Woman

Ingredients
1 whole Sheet Puffed Pastry, Cut Into Half Or Thirds
4 whole Apples, Cored, Halved, And Sliced, But Not Peeled
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt

Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 415 degrees. Place puffed pastry rectangles onto a baking pan that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray. Add sugar and salt to apples. Stir to combine. Allow to sit for a few minutes. Arrange apple slices on the pastry rectangles in a straight line, overlapping as you go. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Remove from pan immediately and place on a serving platter. Serve plain, with caramel topping, whipped cream, or a sprinkling of powdered sugar.

11 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! And I love the new family photo on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I just licked the screen! Haha, not really but I do wish I could reach in and grab them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! But the real reason I commented was to say that I love the new family of four photo on the side! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first saw this picture I thought nope, no way I could bake this, looks waaay too fancy, but the instructions are so easy! Thank you, Thank you! My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm. serious. It looks soooo good! I am pinning it. Question though... what is a whole sheet puffed pastry? Just something you buy at the store?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good!! I cant get over how easy this seems to make. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're baking and you have a new baby? I believe you have arrived and you are one step ahead!

    This tart looks so good and so easy, it's for me, for sure. I don't know what it is with me and baking but I'm not the best at it. My kids are great at it. One afternoon I came home to homemade whole wheat blueberry muffins and chocolate chip cookies. Incidentally that was my lunch. So from then on I told the kids, "please try to give me some warning when making this stuff because then I can prepare myself to be...stronger." :)

    Take great care Kendra,

    Shauna xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so yummy! I love easy recipes. I'm glad you guys got to go apple picking.

    I am doing a giveaway on my blog. All you have to do is leave a comment. Cute stuff for

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoops, it didn't let me finish. I meant to say cute stuff for Evely or Wilson.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks amazing & SO simple! I need to try this very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this looks super yummy!!! Like it belongs on Martha Stewart living ;-)

    ReplyDelete