a weekend with no plans is kinda nice


Monday, August 6, 2012

We had absolutely no plans this weekend. Nada. I will be the first to admit that I am addicted to plans and a schedule, so to have nothing in the works seemed a bit odd to me. But the weekend came together with highlights of its own. We spent Saturday afternoon at the pool, where Ev showed off her kicks for Dada. She's doing great with her swimming! She can probably hold her breath for about 4 seconds and has great form, but she is so long and without an ounce of fat on her that poor girl has no buoyancy and just sinks if I let go, so I have to balance her a bit on the surface.

And of course good food was on the menu all weekend long, ending Sunday evening with some cookie dough testing and bedtime wrestle with Dad. All in all, it was pretty chill and fab.

14 comments:

  1. I love her little swimming cap! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE her swimming cap! I really need to find one of those for Elyse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa now, that french toast.. hmm..

    And, I love Ev's cute hat- I would so wear it!

    It's hard for me not to plan up the wazoo. Hubbs is way better at that "spontaneous" thing..I'm slowly catchin on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cookie dough testing?! sounds like the perfect weekend to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We almost always have something planned, but I will say an occasional unplanned weekend is lovely. How impressive she can hold her breathe for 4 seconds!

    - Sarah
    agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. sometimes no plans, turn out to be the best plans : ) sounds like you had a nice relaxing, family weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I love that you are teaching her how to swim. Oh the skills we learned at Jan's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Word! Your beautiful daughter and that little swim cap is just about as much cute as I can handle at once! Also, I'm going to make a note to try that banana toast- it looks like a pretty easy to make breakfast option. Happy Wednesday!

    Veralynn
    joiedeveralynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some times the best weekend come from spontaneous events!!! Looks like yall had a wonderful time, I swear Eve is the cutest baby ever!!! I love that smile of her with daddy at the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Ev in that swim cap!!!!! Talk about baby chic. <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is simply a doll and that little swimcap! Oh my word. The cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does she take swimming lessons? LOVE that swincap!!! She is so adorable :-)
    Also I am so a planner, I always tell Scott that Im a pen person not a pencil person (I like to make sure that I know what I am doing) ;-) Im trying to break of that and be more spontaneous :-)

    ReplyDelete