7 week countdown!


Monday, July 30, 2012

I was bummed last week when I went a couple days thinking I was already 33 weeks going on 34, and then went to my doc and was reminded that I was a week off in my counting. I was actually 32 weeks going on 33. At this point, every hour is an accomplishment so to be off by a whole week just threw me a bit. But we're getting down to the wire! As I sat there on the exam bed thingy and discussed with the doc my birth plan, possibility of an induction date, recovery, etc, I was reminded that this is all coming up so soon! Like, he said if I was dilated to a 3 by Sept 12th he would consider inducing me then if I wanted. Say whaaa??!? That's in 6 weeks, folks! I was so so happy after leaving that appt. Also, mostly because the doc kept complimenting my "athletic body." Hmm... I'm pretty sure it's not my athleticism but my height that helps me out in the whole weight distribution department, but I was very fond of him for having said so. It's my new line I can whip out when Jared asks me if I really want to eat 3 rolls - "yes, dear, I'm very athletic, remember?" :)

This time around I am not frightened of the whole birthing thing so much as missing Evy Rae for those 3 days in the hospital. My mom is planning on being here, so that puts me at ease, but obviously last time I did this I didn't have another little one to worry about.

But with that being said, I am so excited for baby boy to get here! My wonderful friends threw me a shower this past Saturday and getting all this boy stuff is just crazy. This is going to be a whole new world! How fun! Still stuck on a name, though. Well, kinda. We've got it narrowed to three.

{I haven't been very good with these pregnancy milestone things. Last one I did was at 20 weeks.}

15 comments:

  1. You're so tiny! That picture of you and Evelyn on the bed, you don't even look pregnant! I think I had that size belly at about 20 weeks. Lucky you! Can't wait for baby boy to be here :) Oh... and why do you have to spend 3 days in the hospital??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pic is deceiving! That's why I had to take the bottom one in the reflection of the mirror to show the belly. I am totally a balloon. And I guess it all depends on when I go into labor, but with Ev I was in there for 2 1/2 days {induction, labor, recovery}. So hopefully it ends up just being 2!

      Delete
  2. I was nearly beside myself having to leave Reagan while I was at the hospital for two nights & two days. I was seriously paranoid about it. Luckily my sister moved to Vegas 2 weeks before Max was born & took Reagan for me. I was so relieved! & it wasn't that big of a deal in the end, but it did break my heart just a little when my sister told me that on night two Reagan got really sad & said "I just want my Mom." She survived & she doesn't even remember it & it was nice to relax in the hospital & recover & bond with Max. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your mom is going to be around when the new baby arrives! Hopefully it is a quick hospital stay!

    And you seriously do look cute, even though that was the last thing I wanted to hear at 33 weeks pregnant...pretty sure I just felt ucky at that point! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome! I love the updates! I do that to myself too--think that I'm a week ahead--it's always super disappointing when I realize I'm wrong! I'm sure it gets even more disappointing the farther along you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendra, I am so excited for you! You are just gorgeous in these pictures (and always) and your excitement for this new sweet baby boy to come just radiates from the look on your face and in your words. What a lucky little boy to come join your fun family. :) And hooray for the possibility of having him come sooner than later! Hang in there friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you take the greatest pictures - and you're so photogenic.

    and this is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allie was two weeks late and those last weeks were the longest weeks ever, but uoooh, your baby boy is almost here! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beautiful! You barely look like your going to have a baby in 7 weeks :-) I think its because you have been blessed with the california surfer athletic body ha :-)

    Bummed I missed out on Saturday, I still want to see you before you have baby boy
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look amazing!

    and i would love it if my doctor said i had an athletic body--i would never let anyone forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look phenomenal! I hope I can be that stunning when I'm pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so beautiful and your bump is sooo little. I hope my pregnancy part II goes as smoothly as yours. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful are you and your little one! Not to mention that precious bump :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How tall are you??? So curious. I got the literal short end of the stick in the height department and I really worry about that making it tough to carry a baby well without looking totally enormous. 5 pounds is NOTICEABLE for me, and I know that with taller people its not as much so ...

    ...darn all you tall people! :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet photos, and you look beautiful

    ReplyDelete