leaves


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Last year Jared and I were so far removed from color changing trees that we made our own. It's hard to find "fall" when you're living 20 blocks away from the beach. This year I have been so content watching the trees change colors and slowly shed themselves. It makes me so joyous that Ev and I have been collecting pretty leaves on our walks every day and bringing them home like a kindergartener. Here's what I've done with them.
You would have thought she woke up to Christmas morning when she got up. She has been captivated by them all day.

Last night when I was laying in bed I got some stomach twitches that kinda felt like baby kicks in my tummy. For a second I missed that feeling of life moving inside - the wonder, the excitement. But then I thought about how I'm really grateful I can sleep sprawled out on my front and don't have to find a restroom every 2.5 minutes. 

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty scene you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you hung leaves! i'm sure e loved it too. look at her! what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These leaves looked awesome in your apartment! You have such a cute place. Thanks for having us over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why living in a place with seasons is the best. Fall is ah-mazing. Just remember this post when it's the dead of winter and you can't leave your apartment because it's too blasted cold outside. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove the leaf idea! I might have to steal the idea... hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete