The Need to Blog is Strong


Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm sure every blogger out there has come to a point when this question needs to be answered:
Why am I blogging?
What am I getting out of this? and..
what are other people getting out of this?
And that's as far as my thinking goes because for whatever reason I still feel the need to blog regardless of whether the audience is just me or any joe out there. Which leads me to the question of why I'm so comfortable putting our personal life out there for everyone, but that's not relevant. So I'm just gonna keep writing until my updates run out.
We went to Greece!
or maybe the Getty Villa in Malibu...
We decided to be supporters of culture a couple weekends ago and made the 10 min trip to the Getty Villa, which was fantastic! Highly recommended. As we were walking around the courtyard we noticed children on the opposite corridor working furiously on some sort of project. Children always equal fun so curiosity got the best of us and we ventured over. The kids were making perfume! When the administrator told us it was free we immediately dropped our bags and set out crushing our spices, mashing our olives to make oil and combining the two to make perfume. Splendid.
We went to France!
I wish.
We actually spent an evening at the Farmers Market in Melrose which is the cutest market with the widest variety of foods. We were partial to the French creperie. This little stand had the LARGEST nutella bottle I had ever seen! We splurged and got the Napoleon with nutella, strawberries, whipped cream and powdered sugar. Don't judge.
We also went to a FREE Michelle Branch concert after we devoured our crepe.
All in all, a good night.
We've been working out!
With all these confessions of sweets, I have to vouch for us and say that we work it all off AND our meals are super healthy. Jared quit his second job this week in preparation for school starting up again so we've had more time together. Nights spent at the SMC stadium doing stadiums, a mile run and lunges have left me with the impossibility of walking. Jared apparently suffered not from sore muscles but what he claims to be a "splintered" hip bone. What could that be, I asked him. His explanation was that the bone had somehow severed and was loose up there or something. I just googled it. No such ailment has ever been recorded.
Good thing he woke up healed this morning.
Tomorrow we're going on Stay-Cation!
Staycation:noun [C]
(stay-cation, or stacation,or staykation) is a neologism for a period of time in which an individual or family stays at home and relaxes at home or takes day trips from their home to area attractions.

2 comments:

  1. staycation= AMAZING.. you guys are soo cute.. i want a video camera soon to be just like your blogs are so cute with your videos i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to see you guys on your stay-cation (even though it was only for about 10 minutes!).

    ReplyDelete